How an Internet Marketing Strategy
Can Improve Website Results
Chicago Computer Society - Downtown Computer Club Meeting
Joe Vangsness, Presenter
Thursday October 23, 2008 6:00pm - 8:00pm
122 S. Michigan Ave.
Room 5034 (5th floor)
6:00pm - 6:40pm Open Forum - Tips, Tricks & Traps
6:40pm - 6:50pm Break
6:50pm - 7:50pm Presentation
7:50pm - 8:00pm Wrap-up
Open Forum - Tips, Tricks & Trap
Are you having problems with your software or computer? The open forum
gives you a chance to get answers to your questions and learn about new
Presentation - How an Internet Marketing Strategy Can Improve
Many businesses, professionals and nonprofits have websites that don't
meet their expectations or goals. One of the many reasons is the lack
of an effective internet marketing strategy.
Joe Vangsness will explain how an internet marketing strategy can be developed
that will get results. The presentation will include:
- The need to determine your objectives and target market
- How search engines work
- The role of keywords
- How to design and build a website that search engines can index
- What website statistics programs can tell you about your visitors
- Techniques for getting results from your visitors after they land on
- Additional ways to generate traffic to your website
- Examples of successful strategies
- Resources for further learning (books, website, seminars)
Bring your questions and ideas and we will address them.
This group will not meet in November or December due to the holidays.
Our next meeting will be in January.
About the Downtown Computer Club of the Chicago Computer Society
The Downtown Computer Club is one of several clubs and special interest
groups of the Chicago Computer Society. We meet on the fourth Thursday
of the month except in November and December.
Our meetings are free and open to members and non-members.