How to Crop, Edit and Re-size
Images for Printing, Email & the Web
Joe Vangsness, Speaker
Downtown Computer Club - Chicago Computer Society
122 So. Michigan Ave.
Room 5026 (5th Floor)
Thursday, January 28, 2010 6 to 8pm
6:00pm - 6:30pm Open Forum
6:30pm - 7:50pm Presentation
7:50pm - 8:00pm Wrap-up
Open Forum - Tips, Tricks & Traps
Are you having problems with your software or computer? The open forum
gives you a chance to get answers to your questions and learn about new
Presentation - How to Crop, Edit and Resize Images for Printing,
Email & the Web
Now that digital cameras are in widespread use, it seems that everyone
wants to print, email or put their pictures on the web. But not everyone
knows how to crop, edit and resize their images.
This presentation will provide an introduction to handling digital images:
- What you need to know about the various digital file formats (jpg,
- What image size and resolutions are needed for the task at hand
- How to use software to edit and resize images
- How to include images in emails or attach them
- How to store your images so you can find them later
- A review of software widely used for editing and managing images
About the Downtown Computer Club of the Chicago Computer Society
The Downtown Computer Club is one of several clubs and special interest
groups of the Chicago Computer Society. We meet on the fourth Thursday
of month unless that date conflicts with a holiday.
Our meetings are free and open to non-members as well as members.